A band heater is a helpful piece of equipment for a range of different industrial purposes; however, its primary function is to heat pipes and tubes in an indirect manner and from the outside in. In this post, we will discuss the working operation of these heaters and the best of their types available in the market – stainless steel mica band heaters. First things first, let’s go over what a band heater is.
What Exactly Is A Band Heater?
Band heaters are clamp-on devices in the form of rings designed to heat cylindrical surfaces from the outside in. Each of these heaters uses electrical conduction, while several models may also use radiation. Because metals are such good conductors of heat, most heaters are constructed out of the material. Mica bands and strip heaters are the most common types available in the market.
How Heating Bands Work
As was discussed earlier, band heaters generate most of their heat via the process of electrical conduction. Heating bands are made up of metal filaments that are encased in a protective covering. That covering is the component that converts electrical current into heat. Following that, the heating band will transmit the heat energy to another body using a mechanism that is under regulated conditions. The heating band will accomplish this by either conduction or radiation.
Stainless Steel Mica Band Heaters
Here we will explore what a mica band heater is and what its advantages are. So, let’s proceed.
What is Mica Band Heater?
Mica is a category of minerals used in mica heaters. Wires are wound around the mica core. The band is formed by bending the core as well as the wires together. Because of their resilience to water and chemicals, they are a common option for applications in very hostile conditions.
Mica Band Heaters are an excellent choice for customized heating. They have a high performance, a good lifespan, a cheap cost, and they can withstand temperatures up to 700 degrees Fahrenheit or more. In addition, their watt density is rather high. The extrusion process, corporate cooking dies, and plastics injection molding are the three most typical applications for them. Mica band heaters are not only the most cost-effective, but they are also the most widely used.
Advantages of Mica Band Heaters
Mica band heaters provide a number of advantages, all of which are open to your enjoyment:
- They function very effectively in environments in which a higher maximum temperature is not permitted or where a lower maximum temperature is needed.
- Because it is resistant to corrosion, this makes an excellent insulator for a variety of heaters.
- It has remarkable dielectric strength, which contributes to its installation capabilities.
- This sort of heater may not be able to withstand higher temperatures, but it is much cheaper than its alternatives. As a result, this is an excellent strategy for satisfying your requirements for thermal comfort while keeping your expenses manageable.
- They are adaptable to their surroundings because of their flexibility and stretchability.
In view of that, band heaters and other different types of industrial heating solutions are some of the products that Rama Corporation is an industry leader in supplying. Additional information may be seen by clicking here. Please fill out our easy-to-use online quote form if you have any inquiries about our band heaters or if you would like to receive a price estimate.